£33365 per annum
about 2 months ago
Bradford Based Commercial Dealership
£33,655 + Bonus + OT
Rolling 4 on 4 off shift pattern average 42hrs per week 06:00 - 18:30
Our client, an international network of dealerships have an opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician / Fitter to join their Bradford based site on a permanent basis.
HGV Technician responsibilities will include:
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
Please note, this HGV Technician / Fitter role will involve participating in the breakdown standby rota.
The ideal HGV Technician / Fitter will possess the following:
- Hold a relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Repair).
- Previous workshop experience.
- Work to a high standard and have a good eye for detail with a methodical approach to their work.
- Work well in a team and be a contributing team member with a can do attitude.
- Have a desire to develop their knowledge and skills
- Be aware of the importance of Health and Safety compliance.
If this HGV Technician role is of interest to you please contact Helen Terry at Perfect Placement.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!