£21000 per annum
about 2 months ago
- Vehicle Accident Repair Centre
- Mon – Fri 08:30 – 17:00 (Flexibility available)
- Salary Circa £20,000
- Study Support Available
- Portsmouth, Hampshire
Our Client, a large accident repair group is currently looking to hire an Accounts Assistant for their busy accounts department. Due to an increase in business and an impeding maternity our client seeks an Accounts Assistant to assist with their friendly and supportive team.
Our Client has the flexibility to look at candidates recently qualified within accounts, some accounts experience, or someone with a genuine interest in building a career within the accounts department.
You will need to be analytical, logical, stay calm under pressure of deadlines and possess a high attention to detail! Being able to work independently, and also as part of the accounts team to achieve the deadlines is essential. IT literacy and attention to detail, and accuracy are key skills, as well as being a strong communicator.
As an accounts administrator you will be based at their office in Portsmouth.
Your role as a Accounts Assistant will comprise of:
- Reconcile individual department daybooks with credit card transaction reports & ensure all cash is collected from relevant departments.
- Reconciliation of bank statement
- Reconciliation and responsible for petty cash
- Key in high levels of purchase ledger & Manufacturer invoices
- Credit control
- Maintain and update staff Holidays on holiday spreadsheet
- Maintain and update spreadsheet for overdue insurance related invoices#
- Ordering and maintaining stationary supplies
- Reconcile purchase ledger statements and request copies when needed
- Run monthly supplier cheque run
- Create sales ledger and purchase ledger accounts when needed
- General admin duties
- Reconcile sales/purchase ledger with nominal ledger at month end
- Take accounts related calls from customers/suppliers
- Use Experian to keep track of customer credit limit updates
- Keep records up to date re: customers/suppliers
- Maintain accurate a-z filing system for purchase ledger invoices etc.
- Provide backup and holiday cover to the Vehicle Administrator
Key Skills as a Accounts Assistant:
- Good customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- Organised and methodical, able to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner, able to explain financial matters and discuss issues
- Have good numerate and literate skills
- Works well on their own initiative or in a team, identifies areas for improvement and development
- Ideally Some experience with Sage
- Motor Trade Experienced is advantageous but not a necessity
- Excellent computer skills, able to use Excel and Word, Microsoft Office.
Working Hours as a Accounts Assistant:
- 08:30 - 17:00/09:00 - 17:30/08:30 – 18:00 Mon-Fri
Our Client is looking at Salary of between £18 - 20,000 for this position.
If you would like to know more and attend an interview for this excellent opportunity, please get in touch TODAY!!
You will ideally live within the Portsmouth area or be able to travel to the Portsmouth area.
This vacancy is based in Havant and Our Client is ideally looking for experience in Accounts based positions, full product training is available on internal Systems.
We will not send your CV to a job until we have spoken to you so it is imperative that you provide a daytime contact number preferably your mobile number.
If this Accident Repair Accounts and Administration Job interests you and you would like to know more about it, Purchase Ledger, Credit Control, Accounts, Accounts Admin or other Dealership Jobs and Accident Repair in Portsmouth, Chichester, Waterlooville, Eastleigh, Southampton, Cosham, Havant, Fareham, or Hampshire, Wiltshire, Sussex, Dorset & Surrey Area, please contact Martin from Perfect Placement.
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK