£30498 per annum
about 2 months ago
Starting salary up to £13.80 per hour plus overtime earned.
6:00am to 2:00pm / 2:00pm to 10:00pm Monday to Friday with 1 in 2 Saturday mornings 8:00am to 1:00pm paid at time and a half
Long-standing business with a prestigious brand.
Our client, a franchise approved commercial vehicle business in the Swansea area, is currently looking to hire a skilled Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV)/Van Technician for their busy fleet workshop!
Reporting to the Service Manager and working as part of a friendly team, your key objectives will include:
- To complete all light commercial vehicle service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions on light commercial vehicles.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
In order to be eligible you will need to live within a reasonable commuting distance of Newport and have a UK driving license with minimal points. You will need to be qualified to IMI/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in either Light or Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair as a minimum and have some practical experience post qualification working with light commercial vehicles.
Our client is willing to look at candidates from a car based workshop background as long as you have some working experience on Vans.
Overall you will be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy franchise approved dealer environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team.
For your hard work as a Van Technician our client is offering:
- Starting salary up to £13.80 per hour pending experience and current earnings.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- 20 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Pension scheme
- Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training.
- Fantastic career prospects with an industry leading brand.
- 6:00am to 2:00pm / 2:00pm to 10:00pm Monday to Friday with 1 in 2 Saturday mornings 8:00am to 1:00pm paid at time and a half
If this Van Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Swansea please contact Harry at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.