£40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Up to £12-£17.70 per hour pending experience plus bonus and overtime.
- 40 hour week Mon-Fri.
- Industry leading package benefits as well as manufacturer accredited training/development.
Our client, the UK's largest commercial vehicle dealer group with sites nationwide, are currently looking to recruit a HGV Technician to join their dealership in Gloucester on a day shift.
Reporting to the Workshop Controller and working as part of a team, your key objectives as a HGV Technician will include:
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
- To ensure that all our client's policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
In order to be eligible for this HGV Technician you will need to live within a reasonable commuting distance of the Gloucester region. You will ideally be qualified to a minimum IMI/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair however our client is flexible with qualifications provided you have a strong demonstrable working record as a HGV Technician with experience and knowledge of truck, trailer, van and ancillary equipment maintenance and repairs. Either a HGV driving license or an irtec or tacograph licence would be highly advantageous however is non-essential at this stage.
For your hard work as a HGV Technician, our client is offering:
- Starting basic salary between £12-£17.70 per hour (£25,061-£36,995 per annum) pending experience and current earnings.
- Access to a generous performance related bonus scheme.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- 23 days annual holiday allowance plus the 8 bank holidays with holiday allowance increasing over length of service.
- Workplace pension and healthcare scheme.
- Full manufacturer-approved training.
- Various additional benefits including retail and staff purchase discounts.
- Fantastic career development prospects with the UK's largest commercial vehicle dealer group.
- 40 hour week Monday to Friday.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Gloucester please contact Josh Buck at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.