£45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- £35,000 Basic + OTE £45,000 + Car
- York Based Main Dealer Group
Our client is the one of the largest motor groups covering the North East, Lancashire, North Yorkshire and Scotland and has been successfully trading for many years.
You will be responsible for effectively leading and managing the resources within the service department to achieve / exceed the required business objectives including labour sales, profitability, employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction and loyalty levels.
The key responsibilities of a Service Manager involve:
- Communicate and maintain operating standards, policies and ensure customer service levels remain outstanding in line with the requirements of the manufacturer and Lloyd’s.
- Provide clear leadership by ensuring that employees are motivated and managed effectively to maximise efficiency, productivity, first time fix and 5 star customer service.
- Develop and monitor the business plan for the Service department in order to meet business objectives, profit margins and market penetration.
- Recruit and develop the Service Team in line with organisational requirements.
- Develop and review all policies / practices and identify opportunities where performance needs improvement and implementing coaching and underperformance management.
- In conjunction with the Head of Business, formulate and agree marketing activities and budgets in order to create and maintain brand awareness.
- Identify and implement any new business opportunities to increase profits.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of Health and Safety requirements and ensure that departmental managers comply with Health & Safety regulations and UK legislation.
- Finance and cost control; to work closely with your Retail Accountant and Head of Business, to understand, monitor, control and manage costs within your department.
An ideal Service Manager will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Motivated, with a proactive approach to customer service.
- Enjoy the challenge of influencing the success of the Services department.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and be well presented.
- Must be IT literate, and a working knowledge of Kerridge
- People management skills
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Full UK Driving License
If this Service Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in York please contact Helen Terry at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Service Manager to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.