£26000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Basic Salary up to £25,000
- Monday to Friday Role - Flexible working hours
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Fleet Maintenance Controller based in Sheffield. The successful Fleet Maintenance Controller will earn of up to £25,000.
The successful Fleet Maintenance Controller will be responsible for prompt and accurate authorisation of necessary service and repair work to the client's fleet of vehicles, both car and commercial.
The Fleet Maintenance Controller might be experienced in the field, or be a service advisor or workshop controller looking for a new challenge and a step up. You might be someone with other relevant motor trade experience looking to make a success of the role.
Our client is a longstanding and trusted organisation - the Fleet Maintenance Controller will join multiple previous placements of ours in the workforce as they continue in their careers with the group.
Please see details below and get in touch today with applications and queries as roles are disappearing fast in the current marketplace.
The Fleet Maintenance Controller Requirements
- You will be comfortable and familiar with being measured against key performance indicators - both team and individual - to ensure that targets are met.
- You will thrive in an environment where you are able to use your technical knowledge and experience.
- You will have a professional approach when dealing with individuals both internally and externally.
- Able to problem solve, in order to get to a solution that equally benefits the company, their customers and suppliers.
Detailed Fleet Maintenance Controller Responsibilities:
- Promptly respond to maintenance and repair requests and authorise or adjust as appropriate.
- Assist customers and drivers in queries and issues in a helpful, friendly, and professional manner.
- Comply with policies and to complete all necessary paperwork accurately.
- Work with minimum supervision but with the guidance of an experienced and stable team.
- Complete all tasks reasonably as requested by the Maintenance Manager and feedback progress within an acceptable period.
- Maintain industry knowledge and keep up to date with manufacturer vehicle technical bulletins.
- Facilitate service recalls and MOT reminders.
- Ensure all customer records i.e. computerised database and central file information outlining the customers general requirements are current and accurate.
- Identify problems or innovative ideas and recommend ways of resolving or implementing them to Management.
- Process invoices and recharges as requested.
- Understand and implement the Company's Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensuring all fleet assets have a maintenance schedule and maintenance arrangements in place as per manufacturer's recommendations, company requirements and best practices
- Assist Fleet Engineering Manager to ensure the network of service providers meets the requirements of the company and the local transport depots.
- Ensure breakdown and recovery arrangements are in place in all operating areas.
- Ensure each transport asset has an appropriate driver checklist and the drivers are using the correct checklists for the asset type.
- Oversee contract mileage and arrange relocation of assets exceeding the contract mileage
- Monitor when vehicles are due to reach end of lease and report
- Responsibility for overseeing the day to day operations of vehicle preventive maintenance, service, and repairs.
- Resolve any issues that arise out of the maintenance to find a low cost and efficient solution.
- Use the maintenance management system to log maintenance schedules, issue Work Orders/Purchase Orders
- Management & interrogation of costs relating to repairs/invoices/applications.
- Record and report service delivery KPIs such as vehicle downtime, services / repairs completed on time, breakdowns, spend areas
- Report monthly the Service Provider efficiencies and issues raised, costs and OR due to maintenance issues by truck weekly/monthly and % assets being maintained
If this Fleet Maintenance Controller Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Sheffield please contact Sam Butcher at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.