£35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Basic Salary up to £32,292
- OTE – Competitive depending on experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Do you want a new challenge? Are you looking for a new opportunity?
Our large dealership client based in North East Glasgow is looking for an HGV Technician to join their experienced busy team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician to join our large client where there are real opportunities for career progression.
Duties for the HGV Technician will include:
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers’ vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
What the HGV Technician will need:
- Time served Technician with City & Guilds or Equivalent.
- Minimum of ONE YEAR post Apprentice experience.
- Diagnostics experience.
- Safety Inspection experience.
- Routine Maintenance skills.
- General mechanical ability.
- Enthusiastic, Team Player, Flexible.
- DAF product experience – Desired.
- Irtec Licence – Desired.
- HGV Licence – Desired.
If you believe this HGV Technician vacancy is suitable to your experience and you are looking for your next challenge or the next step in your career, please get in touch today to find out more information.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.