£33400 per annum
about 1 month ago
- £33,400 + Overtime
- Do you have a NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Repair?
- Previous Workshop Experience?
Our client is currently looking for a HGV Technician to join a busy Commercial Vehicle Team at their Huddersfield site on a full time permanent basis.
What you will be doing as a HGV Technician:
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customer’s vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e. PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off
What our client is offering the HGV Technicain:
- 3 days on 3 days off – Monday – Friday hours are 7.00 – 19.30 Saturday and Sunday hours are 6.00 – 18.00 average 42 hours per week
- Generous holiday allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Retail discounts saving £££’s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and more
- Pension scheme
- Career progression
It is essential that you meet the below criteria to be considered for this HGV Technician role:
- Hold a relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Repair).
- Previous workshop experience.
- Work to a high standard and have a good eye for detail with a methodical approach to their work.
- Work well in a team and be a contributing team member with a can do attitude.
- Have a desire to develop their knowledge and skills
- Be aware of the importance of Health and Safety compliance
- HGV License would be an advantage but not essential
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician to join a fantastic company!
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Huddersfield please contact Hannah Bretton at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.