Kingston upon Hull
£30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
£27,000 - £30,000 + Bonus + Overtime
Our client is currently looking for a HGV Technician to join their busy Commercial Vehicle Team at their Hull site on a full time permanent basis.
What you will be doing:
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customer’s vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e. PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
What our client is offering:
- Shift pattern Week 1 - Monday – Friday hours are 6.00 – 14.30 Week 2 - Monday – Friday hours are 14.00 – 22.30
- Generous holiday allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Retail discounts saving £££’s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and more
- Pension scheme
It is essential that you meet the below criteria to be considered for this role:
- Time served Technician with City & Guilds or Equivalent
- Minimum 1 year post Apprentice experience.
- Safety Inspections
- Routine Maintenance
- General mechanical ability.
- Enthusiastic, Team Player, Flexible
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician to join a fantastic company!
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Hull please contact Hannah Bretton at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.