£30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Basic up to £30000
- Mon - Fri 0900am - 1800pm
Our client are looking for a reliable LCV Technician who can provide our customers with everything that they need to ensure their commercial vehicle can stay on the road and achieve the best performance. The Van Technician role will be varied from working on routine regular service to repairs.
Main duties as a Van Technician to include:
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
Successful Van Technician will need:
- A full valid UK driving license.
- a minimum Level 3 City & Guilds / NVQ in Vehicle Repair
- Previous Main Dealer experience
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures
If you are interested in this Van Technician role above and you feel you may fit the bill please get in contact with Martyn Nantongwe for any question and referrals.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from LCV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.