£35000 per annum
22 days ago
Our client a worldwide supplier of bespoke Machinery, based in Norfolk is looking for a Production Support Engineer.
There are two main functions to the role , the first is to produce technical machine manuals and the second is to arrange ALL machine dispatches and shipping requirements both UK and Worldwide
The Purpose of the Production Support Engineer role will be to work as part of a team to support all project functions, assuring customer expectation is achieved or exceeded, throughout the project life cycle, up to and including site installation.
Key Responsibilities for the Production Support Engineer to include:
- Prepare and issue ALL machine technical manuals
- Prepare and issue ALL machine setting sheets for Assembly and Test.
- Prepare final risk assessment for machinery
- Prepare machine inspection envelops for Assembly
- Prepare and arrange ALL aspects of machinery dispatch to customer site both UK and
Worldwide. (sea/land and air)
- Prepare and produce shipping related documents, delivery notes, certificates of
Origin, commercial invoices, packing lists, insurance certs
- Review and arrange the sizes of cases, grates, pallets, lorries, containers to be used for
transport of machinery and prepare requisitions for Purchase orders to be raised in a timely
- Prepare and issue certificates for machinery.
- Check the machinery is ready for dispatch (check list) to be completed.
- Measure and weigh machinery as required to complete packing lists.
- Prepare and apply all necessary labels or special lifting/handling instructions before dispatch.
- Liaise with crates / case suppliers and shipping companies to get best price to suit the required
dispatch dates for each project
Competencies / Skills Production Support Engineer:
- Good oral and written communication
- Good IT skills – CAD, word processing, spreadsheets, database.
- Good customer / supplier facing skills
- Good time management
- Planning and organization
- Influencing / negotiation
- Proactive / initiative
- Ability to “think on your feet”
Background / Experience required in Production Support Engineer:
- Proven ability to project manage machine / system solutions
- Mechanical design / control engineering experience
- Machine manufacturing and assembly experience
- Proven capability
If this Production Support Engineer Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Beccles please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today