£35000 per annum
0191 446 0461
2 months ago
Basic salary up to £30,500 depending on shift pattern.
Hours: Alternate Early and Late or 4 on 4 off shift patterns available
Our client, a Commercial Main Dealer have an opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician to join their Stockton-on-Tees based site on a permanent basis.
HGV Technician responsibilities will include:
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
The ideal HGV Technician will possess the following:
- Hold a relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Repair).
- HGV class 1 or 2 Licence (Desirable)
- Previous workshop experience.
- Work to a high standard and have a good eye for detail with a methodical approach to their work.
- Work well in a team and be a contributing team member with a can do attitude.
- Have a desire to develop their knowledge and skills
- Be aware of the importance of Health and Safety compliance.
There are various shift patterns available which will reflect your basic salary. Alternate Weeks of 6am-3:30pm, 1pm-10:30pm at a basic salary of £28,500 plus overtime. Or 4 on 4 off, 8am-8:30pm at a basic salary of £30,500 plus overtime.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Stockton-On-Tees please contact Grace Morley at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.