£35000 - £38000 per annum
17 days ago
- Offering a competitive salary of £35,000 - £38,000 (DOE)
- Shift pay & overtime on top
- Will also be eligible for the 5% variable pay bonus annually.
More about the Role
The Fleet Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing Routine Maintenance tasks on a wide range of specialist equipment, including vehicles (ranging from 3500kg – 44,000kgs GVW), trailers, cryogenic liquid and gaseous product handling and metering equipment.
Maintenance tasks shall be performed to the highest standards and shall conform to the requirements as set by the UK Government “ Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency ” (DVSA); plus additional requirements as per legislation set by the “ Health and Safety Executive ” agency.
A thorough understanding of the DVSA “ Goods Vehicle Inspection Manual ” and the “ Categorisation of Defects manual ” is essential.
As the Fleet Maintenance Technician, you Will
- Rectify equipment defects were necessary; the ability to apply investigative and analytically techniques being essential.
- Understand complex electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Be able to interpret technical data; to understand complex schematic diagrams, diagnostic guides, and remedial action plans.
- Be able to use technical diagnostic systems for fault finding and equipment programming etc.
- Be able to overhaul major components, including engines, axles and transmissions.
- Perform loading, unloading, and purging of cryogenic liquid products and perform these tasks for gaseous trailers.
- Complete accurately the necessary documentation as part of the compliance and legal obligations around fleet maintenance and repair activity.
- Create records of each maintenance task performed. Competency in this area is equally important as the ability to perform the practical task.
- Have a strong sense for understanding and adhering to the company's operating procedures, method statements and risk assessments to ensure the safety of yourself and colleagues.
- Be working as part of a small team, the Fleet Maintenance Technician is required to deputise for the Workshop Supervisor in their absence; this will involve prioritisation of workload; communication with colleagues in other operating areas via telephone and e-mail (i.e. Distribution Supervisors, Scheduling team, Fleet Workshop Manager, Driver Trainers); the requirement to participate in conference calls, plus contacting vendors for the provision of goods and services. The ability to apply initiative and accept responsibility are essential qualities.
As the Fleet Maintenance Technician, you already have
- Technical qualifications; for example, City and Guilds Level 2 or a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 2
- Experience and technical training in working with fleet and trailers transporting cryogenic products or in a similar environment
- Knowledge of ADR (carriage of dangerous goods by road) and IMDG (international maritime carriage of goods code)
- Good understanding of Goods Vehicle Operator License legislation
- A valid UK Driving License; including category C+E entitlement
- ADR and Driver CPC qualifications are desirable
At our clients, they work in an environment where diversity is crucial, inclusion is in our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter!
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Our highly experienced Recruitment Consultant Demi Somerville-Briers is waiting for your call, along with hundreds of candidates looking for their next job and career move in Manchester.
If this Car Sales Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Norwich please contact Demi Somerville-Briers at Perfect Placement UK Ltd
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Service Manager Jobs.