£21500 per annum
25 days ago
- Starting salary will be minimum wage per annum with a realistic bonus of £2,000-3,000 per annum+
- Monday to Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM and 1 in 4 Saturdays 8:00AM-12:00AM.
- Fantastic career prospects to grow and qualify within a growing company in the South Wales region.
Our client, an automotive accident repair group established throughout South Wales, are currently looking to recruit a Trainee Vehicle Damage Assessor (VDA)/Estimator to join their busy Bodyshop in Swansea.
Reporting to the Bodyshop Manager, your main purpose will be to shadow, assist and learn from the current VDA / Estimators on site while they carry out estimates as specified by insurers/customers ensuring that the vehicle repair can be carried out efficiently and that by doing so a satisfactory profit margin can be generated.
- Initially your role will consist of shadowing and assisting the 3 current Vehicle Damage Assessors on site and completing training course to BSI standard
- Post training period you will be responsible for preparing manual and computerised estimates efficiently and ensure that it conforms to the requirements laid down by the insurance company/customer in order that customer care/satisfaction standards are maintained at all times.
- You will assist in maintaining a file of all estimates undertaken making sure that all work that is not automatically authorised is clearly identified. Ensure that any such work does not commence until authorisation is gained, following-up any unauthorised estimates and reporting reasons.
- Once authorisation has been gained liaise with the body shop personnel and make sure that they understand fully the work to be done as per the estimate. Alternately communicate to the Bodyshop if, by agreement with the insurance company, the vehicle is deemed a “total loss”.
- To be aware of and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations and policies applicable to your position and working environment.
In order to be eligible for this position, you will hold strong interest in cars and body repair and be ready to start your career and grow within the bodyshop industry. If you are a currently working in a bodyshop, in any capacity, our client is keen to see your application, as long as you are willing to commit to the salary listed.
After your training period and initial courses, our client will look at further development via further training, such as Audatex training, and ATA accreditations.
For your hard work as a Trainee Vehicle Damage Assessor, our client is offering:
- Starting salary of minimum wage
- Generous incentivised bonus structure creating a potential and realistic additional earning of £2-3,000 per annum.
- 20 days annual holiday plus the bank holidays.
- Full in-house training provided.
- Fantastic long-term career development and training prospects with a growing accident repair group in the South Wales region.
- Working hours from 8:00AM-4:30PM Monday to Friday with 1 in 4 Saturdays 8:00AM-12:00AM.