£42000 per annum
25 days ago
- Offering a competitive salary - £30,000 - £42,000 (DOE)
- Normal Working hours - Days no Nights
Our well established Clients looking for a fitter/mechanic who can work unsupervised in their brand new facility, Salford. They are a small team looking for someone who can keep our mixed fleet of 8 wheel wagons, artics and trailers on road the and safe at all times.
Must be experienced, practical and a self starter who is able to:
- ensure all known defects are dealt with promptly
- carry out and 6 weekly inspections to the schedule agreed with our in house transport manager
- manage paperwork to ensure defect sheets are collated and actioned daily
- Prepare for and present all vehicles for MOT
- liaise with suppliers to get the best price for parts
- liaise with external mechanics/dealers/warranty providers if needed to get bigger jobs/more complex work done
- Able to use a Texa diagnostic tool to find and clear faults on wagons
- be able to strip and change tyres if required
- carry out minor welding, electrical and mechanical work
Experience gained at either Renault, Scania or Volvo is not essential but this would be a distinct advantage.
They also have a range of plant in their adjacent aggregate yard so any experience with plant repairs would be an advantage but again is not essential.
Regular hours, days only but must be flexible to start early/finish a bit later if required and same goes for weekend working which will be required at times to keep the fleet on the road.
Use of company van from day one if needed as well as excellent rates of pay, negotiable depending on ability and level of experience, and a choice of weekly or monthly pay to suit.
Holding a Class 1 or Class 2 license would be highly desirable but is not essential.
Our highly experienced Recruitment Consultant Demi Somerville-Briers is waiting for your call, along with hundreds of candidates looking for their next job and career move in Manchester.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.