£40000 per annum
about 2 months ago
- £25,500 annual starting salary with on-target-earnings of £40,000 per annum.
- 45 hour week Monday to Friday with occasional Saturdays subject to business demand.
- Fantastic career development prospects with an industry leading premium brand and a nationwide company operating over 40 years.
Our client, a large premium franchise approved car dealership based in the Newport region, are currently looking to recruit a Vehicle Workshop Controller to join their busy Service Department.
Reporting to the Aftersales Manager and accountable for 15 members of staff in the workshop, the Workshop Controller responsibilities will include:
- Day to day control of the Vehicle Technicians.
- Liaise with Aftersales Manager and workshop team to ensure best process.
- Ensure customer requirements are fully understood and communicated in an effective manner to other members of the Service Department.
- Monitor individual and workshop efficiencies to ensure key performance indicators are met.
- To calculate and manage the effective use of the workshop.
- Plan the distribution of work among the team utilising available skills mix.
- Identify individual training and development needs.
- Manage liaison between workshop and service reception on customer vehicle progress.
- Manage workshop standards in accordance with HSO requirements.
-Ensure understanding and adherence to the requirements of brand service requirements and customer satisfaction indicators.
In order to be eligible, the Workshop Controller will ideally live in the Newport region or live within a reasonable commuting distance to Newport and will need to have a proven track record in running a successful automotive workshop for the past two to three years within a medium to large franchise approved car dealership. Overall the Wroshop Controller will have excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills and team orientation, be results orientated, have problem solving and decision making skills, put a focus on quality and reliability, and be IT literate. You will also need to have a UK driving license with minimal points.
For your hard work as a Vehicle Workshop Controller our client is offering:
- Starting salary up to £25,500 per annum dependent upon experience and current earnings.
- Access to performance related bonus scheme providing an on-target-earnings of £40,000 per annum.
- 23 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays.
- 3% contributory workplace pension scheme.
- Access to manufacturer accredited training.
- Various additional company benefits including discount gym memberships, RAC membership discount, CBS car scheme, eye test/optical equipment contributions, and a retail shopper portal which provide discounts to a huge range of retail outlets.
- Fantastic career development prospects with an industry leading premium brand and a nationwide company operating over 40 years that are recognised as a "Best Place to Work" by Glassdoor.
- 45 hour week Monday to Friday occasional Saturdays subject to business demand.
If this Workshop Controller Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Newport please contact Harry Woodcock at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.