£26000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Basic up to £23,000
Open Entry Requirements
Our client is seeking a Towbar Fitter / Trailer Repairer to join its Aftermarket Specialist team in Derby. The client has a national coverage and you can move to this position with security.
You will be a practical worker with experience of repairing products - for this role you'll be working on and servicing things like flatbed trailers and horseboxes - you do not need experience of vehicle mechanics as it is not part of the role.
You might be a fitter/stripper, or an auto-electrician to help with the wiring. Beyond this, if you are a hands-on worker with experience of repairing products and of wiring in any industry, our client will provide the product-specific training to succeed.
Applicants must be over 25 and have a full clean driving licence (insurance reasons).
Please see the full job spec below and get in touch today with applications, queries and referrals, as roles are disappearing fast in the current marketplace:
Key Responsibilities of a Towbar Fitter / Trailer Repairer:
- To undertake daily duties as designated by the Branch Team and Workshop Diary.
- To fit towbars to customer vehicles having first checked for marks/scratches ensuring all marks are recorded on the relevant form. Take care at all times to handle customer’s property with due respect. To ensure all towbar fits and trailer services/repairs are completed in an acceptable timeframe and quality to the Company and customer. To ensure vehicles/trailers awaiting workshop attention are securely parked in an acceptable manner and in designated areas.
- To report any problems or damage relating to customers’ vehicles/property immediately to the Branch Manager/Assistant Manager.
- To service and repair the Company’s fleet of hire trailers to an agreed schedule.
- To maintain and update full records of each trailer in the Company hire fleet for servicing purposes.
- To assemble and modify trailers as required.
- To keep tools/equipment in good working order and to report any faults to the Branch Manager/Assistant Manager.
- To ensure that Company uniform / overalls and protective equipment is worn at all times.
- To operate within the Health & Safety Policy of the Company. To ensure personal protective equipment is worn as required.
- To be able to ascertain faults and provide technical advice as required.
- To hold a full current driving licence (towing licence advantageous).
- To assist in stock takes as required.
- To be trained and drive a Fork Lift Truck as required.
- To keep up to date with any changes to suppliers’
- Towbar fitting instructions including wiring via the Branch network and use of internet / intranet.
- To perform any other duties deemed reasonable on request
- To ensure that the workshop is clean and tidy at all times.
If this Towbar Fitter / Trailer Repair Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Derby please contact Sam Butcher at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.