£45000 per annum
19 days ago
Up to £38,000 Basic Salary OTE £45,000 +
Mon – Fri 08:00 – 18:00 1 in 3 Sat 8 - 12
Franchised Commercial Vehicle Dealership
Automotive Service Manager required for our clients Vehicle Dealership in Portsmouth!
Our Client a commercial Vehicle Main Dealer with over 30 years of Trading is seeking an Experienced Service Manager for their Portsmouth Branch.
Our client deals with a number of Haulage Businesses and Commercials enterprises, ensuring them whether they are purchasing a vehicle, or maintaining a commercial vehicle, they are providing both individual customers and large multinational companies an excellent service. Customer service is at the heart of everything they do and how they stand out from the competition.
For you to stand out from the crowd you need to be a self-starter, motivated, and an excellent communicator.
What’s in it for you?
- A Competitive Basic Salary Circa £38,000
- KPI Based Bonus Structure
- A supportive Management Structure
- Full Systems & Process Training
- Competitive Holiday Allowance
- Regular Performance Reviews with Opportunity for Salary Upgrades!
- Company Pension Scheme
- Future Development Opportunities with a Large Group.
Duties of an Aftersales Manager with our Client:
- Manage all Service Department procedures with the aid of Workshop Controller
- Fully support the Workshop Controller, in his daily routine and take control of any on-going issues.
- Be available to give the Workshop Controller advice and assistance on technical matters to include holiday cover.
- Ensure all clock cards are reconciled each day for the admin department.
- Ensure service reception and workshop control manage MOT bookings, T card rack is live data and accurate, to include twice daily run downs, incorporating shift foreman. Further to ensure scheduled bookings show up to 2 weeks in advance and confirmed two days in advance.
- Ensure the night board is completed and booking confirmed on day of booking, all parts for repairs and servicing are on the shelf and marked with the job No. Ensure that the work is prioritised and collection times noted in conjunction with the Workshop Controller.
- Manage and oversee the daily operation of service department, to include daily checks that service reception have obtained starts up numbers for all work, including further updates for all additional work, job set are opened accurately to include all driver defects, including instruction on collection times. Taking special note of all cash sale customers.
- Take full control of the WIP on a daily basis to ensure that every effort is made to ensure the WIP is kept under the Group KPI levels, questioning all old jobs to ensure prompt close down.
- Ensure all outstanding Campaigns are added to the job sheet on creation, with a copy of the campaign included in the job set.
- Ensure all FM service paperwork is printed and a copy placed in the job set.
- Check all FM/Warranty paperwork is complete before sending for costing
- Ensure all Warranty 3c’s sheets are accurate and fully compliant
- Monitor Warranty parts log, retention and storage in conjunction with the Workshop Controller and Stores Manager.
- Monitor in conjunction with the Workshop Controller that all job cards and paperwork is filled in correctly with the required information; Rec sheets completed with clear accurate defect repair information and split times on repairs carried out, parts listed, and sheets signed off.
- Dealing with customer queries and or complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensuring at the end of your shift each day the Depot Manager is given a full hand over from you directly of any ongoing issues he needs to be aware of.
What our Client expects of their Aftersales Manager:
- Passion for delivering an exclusive customer experience.
- Preferably experience with the Commercial Vehicle Service Department
- High level of social and communication skills.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- A desire to achieve challenging goals and targets.
- Courage when faced with risky or difficult situations.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Previous after sales experience in motor industry
- After Sales management experience in successfully delivering volume and profit within financial constraints
- Proven experience of managing small teams
- Proven experience of dealing effectively with customer complaints.
- Valid driving licence.
This vacancy is based in Portsmouth and our Client is ideally looking for motor trade experienced applicants.
We will not send your CV to a job until we have spoken to you so it is imperative that you provide a daytime contact number preferably your mobile number.
If you are interested in hearing more about this Service Manager, Aftersales Manager, Assistant Service Manager or Service Team Leader roles, or others we have in Portsmouth, Chichester, Petersfield, Havant, Waterlooville, Bognor Regis, Worthing, Pulborough, Romsey, Eastleigh, Winchester, Chandlers Ford, Bournemouth, Salisbury, New Forest, Ringwood, Fareham, Bournemouth, Wiltshire, Dorset or Hampshire please do not hesitate to contact Martin Bane at Perfect Placement today.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!