£41000 per annum
0191 446 0461
20 days ago
Basic Salary Varies as Different Shift Patterns Available – up to £39,500 basic.
Our ever growing Commercial Main Dealer client in Teesside is seeking a HGV Technician and a LCV Technician to join the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technician to join our large client where there are real opportunities for training and career progression.
The main requirement for either the HGV or the LCV Technician role is that you must be Qualified to an NVQ Level 3. The successful candidate for the HGV Technician role must have a proven track record in the role. However, the client is happy to look at Car Mechanics who are looking for a step into the Commercial world for the LCV Technician position.
Duties for both roles will include, but not limited to, the following:
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers’ vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
The client has 2 different shift patterns available for both roles, either Night Shifts or 4 on 4 off. The salary will reflect which shift pattern you chose, ranging from £32,000 - £39,500. Please get in contact for further details about shift patterns or any flexibilities with these.
If this HGV/LCV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Teesside please contact Grace Morley at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.