£30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client a very successful Machine Designer & Manufacturer is looking for a skilled Manual Machinist (Miller/Turner).
Purpose of Role:
Set up and operate conventional machine tools to manufacture parts and assemblies in accordance with supplied drawings/specification sheets. Complete work in a timely manner and to meet the machine build timeline.
- Set up and operate conventional machine tools (centre lathe, capstan lathe, manual mill, pillar drill, etc)
- Perform shop calculations to determine optimum feeds and speeds
- Produce components to the required standard within the expected cycle times
- Use of related shop equipment, hand tools, and precision measuring instruments
- Self-inspection of all items manufactured, to verify conformance to drawings/specification sheets
- Complete specified machine safety checks & daily check lists
- Mentoring of junior team members
- Identify & communicate opportunities to enhance quality and reduce cost
- Work with and support other departments to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Ensure statutory and company procedures & practices are maintained
- Promote a safe working environment
- Booking of time to assigned work
- Other duties as may be required
- Completed recognised apprenticeship or national technical training programme
- City & Guilds or NVQ qualification
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of turning & milling, and material properties/applications
- Proven ability to read and interpret critical dimensions on engineering drawings
If this Manual Machinist role interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive jobs in the Beccles area, please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK LTD.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 2,200 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!