£24500 per annum
14 days ago
Up to £24,500 per year
39 Hours per Week
Interested in Vehicle Mechanics? Looking to work with the latest makes a models? Our Client is a successful Nationwide Business who have recently expanded operations to the Southampton area seeking a Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) Vehicle Technician.
This role does not require qualifications except a Full UK driving Licence! It’s a great entry role or an end of career position for any budding applicant!
What’s in it for you?
- A Competitive Basic Salary – Basic Salary up to £24,500
- A supportive Management Structure
- Full Systems & Process Training
- Company Pension
- Future Development Opportunities with Group. – It’s a great time to join with a pathway for development and on-going expansion!
Duties of a PDI Technician with our Client
- Vehicle Test Drives
- Use Tablet/IPad based system to receive work orders
- Inspect certain specified items and or complete various tasks in line with company procedures. These include, for example, checking suspension, car under-body, wheel nuts, tyre pressure, number plates, oils, fluids, battery, diagnostics, shunt fuse activation, child locks, remote locks, interior functions including door electrics, mirrors, radio codes and functions, wipers, lights, sat nav, sun-roof and other similar items.
- Complete Inspections checklist and confirm via online or paper
- Assist with general duties in other parts of the workshop with light body repair and paint work. Duties may include vehicle preparation, vehicle finishing / assembly / vehicle cleaning and valeting.
What our Client expects of their PDI Technician
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Experience in the motor trade advantageous
- Mechanically minded, perhaps with formal mechanical qualification
- Experience working with cars advantageous.
- Level 2 /3 hybrid and electric vehicle training advantageous.
- Alarm or accessory fitment experience advantageous
- Modifying cars
- Good dexterity
- Ability to think logically, solve problems and follow a process
- Good communicator
- Team working ability and skills
- Down to earth disposition
- Reasonable IT
If this PDI Technician interests, you and you would like to know more about it Tyre Fitter, Windscreen Fitter, Smart Repairer, MET Technician, Mechanic, Vehicle Technician, Apprentice Technician, Apprentice Mechanic, LCV Technician, Van Mechanic, Commercial Vehicle Mechanic, Master Technician, Car Mechanic, or other Automotive Jobs in Southampton, Romsey, Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Chandlers Ford, Winchester, Salisbury, Ringwood, Totton, Fawley, Fareham, Hedge End, Shirley, Chichester, Havant, Cosham, Littlehampton, Bognor Regis, Petersfield, Waterlooville, Andover, and Hampshire please contact Martin Bane at Perfect Placement.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.