£47000 per annum
14 days ago
- Salford, Manchester
- Salary - £35,484 - £47,000
- Shift Pattern - Week 1 Shift: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm (with 30 mins unpaid lunch break)
- Week 2 Shift: 12:30 pm 9:00 pm (with 30 mins unpaid lunch break)
- Standard Pay: £16.24 x 8 hours x 5 days = £649.60 x 52 weeks = £33,779.20 per annum
+ Compulsory overtime at time and a half: 1 in 3 Saturday mornings (08:00- 12:00) £24.36 x 4 hours = £97.44 (x 17.5 Saturdays to work in 12 months) = £1,705.20
+ Non-compulsory overtime available – overtime varies between 5 and 15 hours per week:
- £24.36 x 5 hours = £121.80 x 52 weeks = £6,333.60
- £24.36 x 10 hours = £243.60 x 52 weeks = £12,667.20
The role of HGV Technician will involve being responsible for carrying out inspection and service routines and repairs and testing of vehicles in a professional and safe manner. The HGV Mechanic will be reporting to the Workshop Manager and will be able to investigate and diagnose faults, report findings and be able to carry out all repairs to the current manufacturer’s standards.
It would be advantageous for you to possess these skills:
- Knowledge of cranes or hydraulics
- Experience working on tippers, tipper grabs or beaver tails
- Knowledge of latest diagnostic systems
- Class 1 (C+E) or Class 2 (C) HGV License (Car License Holders will also be considered)
We very much pride ourselves on the standards of service and of all our vehicles. As a HGV Mechanic, you will be responsible for managing diagnostics and ordering parts effectively whilst being able to carry out all repairs to the highest standards and with the most effective use of time.
We are looking for a team player to fill this role who will be flexible and able to work to tight deadlines. You must have previous HGV technical experience and can adopt a hands-on approach to all aspects of the role to ensure continued high levels of work are carried out right first time.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, holidays will increase by an additional day every 2 years of service, up to a maximum of 25 days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in Service payout (Life Insurance) : two times annual salary
- Free parking
If this HGV Mechanic Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Manchester please contact Demi Brier at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.