£27761 per annum
13 days ago
Day time shift Driver
Salary - £27,761,40 + Overtime paid at either time & a half or double time dependent on the hours worked.
The Driver role will require you to deliver various vehicle types (in particular HGV and Cranes) on behalf of a local vehicle hire company around Manchester; driving to customers’ depots/businesses or home addresses (you will be followed through by someone in a car to return you to the depot or catch the train/bus if in a central location – No trade plating!)
The role will also involve valeting the various vehicles in between their hire customers. Approximately 40% of your time will be in the yard getting the vehicles looking pristine and therefore requires someone who is in good health and is physically able to climb in and out of the trucks/vans with ease.
You will be required to fill out ‘check sheets’ at drop-off and ‘pick up’ to report any existing/new damages so clear handwriting is essential.
All hours worked above 40 are paid at time and a half and any hours worked before 7:00 am are at double time
CLASS 2 License Holders – hourly rates breakdown:
- 40 hours x £9.54 = £381.60 x 52 weeks = £19,843.20
- 5 hours x £14.31 = £71.55 x 52 weeks = £3,720.60
- + 17 weeks x £57.24 (4 hours every third Saturday at time and a half £14.31) = £973.08
- + 4 hours average overtime available each week, 3 hours at £14.31 and 1 hour double time @ £19.08 ) x 52 weeks = £3,224.52
TOTAL Average Earnings Per Annum = £27,761.40
- Standard hours: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (30 mins unpaid break) + Every Third Saturday morning 8:00 am until 12:00 pm
- Non-compulsory overtime varies between 3 and 5 hours per week with 1 hour each week potentially at double time (working 6:00 am to 7:00 am) but is not guaranteed every week
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, holidays will increase by an additional day every 2 years of service, up to a maximum of 25 days
If this HGV Class 2 Driver Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Manchester please contact Demi Brier at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!