£28000 per annum
12 days ago
Circa £28K Basic
Monday To Friday 7.30am - 4.30pm NO WEEKENDS
Motorsport Car Manufacturer
Workshop Controller required within the Crawley area!
Our Client, a Motorsport Car Manufacturer in the Crawley area are looking for a Workshop Controller to take control of their workshop and assist the Service Manager in day to day duties.
Previous experience within a Motorsport environment is preferred but not essential, our client would also consider strong applicants from a Car Main Dealer/ Independent Background.
Responsibilities of a Workshop Controller:
- Allocate work to technicians and apprentices with due consideration to their knowledge and skills.
- To report and seek advice on any problems highlighted whilst work is being carried out so that these may be overcome and the customer kept informed where delays result.
- Organising and prepping of race cars to ensure every race car is ready for the next event. Speak directly to the motorsport customers to arrange track days and authorise repairs when required.
- Reporting to the Service Manager and working closely with the manager to achieve industry standards.
- Ensure all work is completed timely and are accurate, managing the customer’s expectation at all times.
- Make weekly maintenance checks on workshop equipment.
In order to be eligible, the Workshop Controller will ideally live in the Crawley area or live within a reasonable commuting distance to Crawley and will need to have a proven track record in running a successful automotive workshop or if you’re a Motorsport Technician seeking to progress in your career, this could be the opportunity for you! Overall the Workshop Controller will have excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills and team orientation, be results orientated, have problem solving and decision making skills, put a focus on quality and reliability, and be IT literate.
You will also need to have a UK driving license with minimal points.
If you have the experience and skill set listed above and are interested in finding out further information on this Workshop Controller Vacancy or would like to find out about other Motor Trade Jobs in East/ West Sussex then please contact Zoe Osborn at Perfect Placement Automotive Recruitment.
We have a wide range of Motor Trade Jobs across the whole of the UK, so if you are looking for something slightly different, be sure to get in touch with our Team of Automotive Recruiters.