£16 per hour
about 1 month ago
Trafford Park, Manchester
Offering a competitive salary - £14 - £16ph (DOE)
Working Hours Monday - Friday 08:00 – 16:30pm
ONLY DAYS & OPTIONAL SATURDAYS!!
Our well established Client is looking for a HGV Mechanic who can work unsupervised and own their own initiative. They are a small team looking for someone who can keep the fleet of HGV’s / LCV’s on the road and safe at all times.
Must be experienced, practical and a self starter who is able to:
- ensure all known defects are dealt with promptly
- carry out and 6 weekly inspections to the schedule agreed with our in house transport manager
- manage paperwork to ensure defect sheets are collated and actioned daily
- Prepare for and present all vehicles for MOT
- liaise with suppliers to get the best price for parts
- liaise with external mechanics/dealers/warranty providers if needed to get bigger jobs/more complex work done
- Able to use a Texa diagnostic tool to find and clear faults on wagons
- be able to strip and change tyres if required
- carry out minor welding, electrical and mechanical work
Regular hours, days only but must be flexible to start early/finish a bit later if required and same goes for weekend working which will be required at times to keep the fleet on the road..
Our highly experienced Recruitment Consultant Demi Somerville-Briers is waiting for your call, along with hundreds of candidates looking for their next job and career move in Manchester.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 2,200 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Service Manager Jobs.