£30000 per annum
27 days ago
- Basic Salary up to £27,040
- OTE – Competitive depending on experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Are you looking for a new opportunity or a new challenge?
Our large dealership client based in Glasgow East is looking for a HGV Technician to join their experienced busy team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician to join our large client where there are real opportunities for career progression.
Duties for the HGV Technician will include:
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers’ vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
What the HGV Technician will need:
- Experience in truck, trailer, van and ancillary equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Experience in use of computer diagnostic equipment – Desired.
- Previous dealership experience.
- Tachograph Licence.
- HGV class 1 or 2 Licence.
- Irtec Licence.
If you believe this HGV Technician vacancy is suitable to your experience and you are looking for your next challenge or the next step in your career, please get in touch today to find out more information.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Glasgow please contact Kevin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.