£41082 per annum
26 days ago
Reporting to the Engineering Team Coach on a rotating shift basis, you will be responsible for performing corrective/preventive maintenance tasks compliant with Asset Care Schedules and recognised diagnostic procedures to resolve automation asset faults and breakdowns.
What our client offers the successful Maintenance Engineer:
- Salary: From £34,712 p.a.up to £41,082p.a.(dependent on experience) . The shift pattern also attracts a shift allowance of £374.53 per month.
- 35.5 hours per week - Full time. The role covers earlies, late and night shifts on a rotational basis. A high degree of flexibility is required.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer:
- Perform day-to-day delivery of maintenance tasks, specifically preventative/predictive maintenance, and corrective maintenance and conduct performance improvement initiatives.
- Provide effective and efficient support to the Plant Engineering Manager, Maintenance Team Leader and Engineering Team Coaches, including input into the compilation of end of shift reports, root cause analysis, fault logging and data entry.
- Identify the root cause of automation faults/breakdowns and prioritize corrective actions to meet operational processing objectives in association with team leaders, making full use of the relevant central support systems.
- Monitor and review day-to-day equipment performance and improve automation outputs in partnership with operations.
Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer:
- Qualified in electrical and mechanical engineering (minimum ONC Electrical Engineering – or equivalent), you will have experience of working as part of an effective maintenance team through a period of considerable change and investment in technology.
- With a detailed understanding of Health & Safety legislation you will have first-hand experience of maintaining automation equipment, ideally Programme Logic Controllers (PLC), along with a flexible approach and the ability to communicate complex issues effectively.
- It’s essential that you have a full UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address) covering up to 3.5 tonnes (Cat B). In an ideal world you’ll have a clean licence but it definitely shouldn’t have more than 6 penalty points.
If this Maintenance Engineer Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Engineering Jobs in Crawley please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today