Salary dependent on experience
17 days ago
Starting salary negotiable pending experience plus overtime at time and a half rate.
Working hours from 7:30am-5:00pm Monday to Friday with an half an hour lunch. Contractually you shall work a 40 hour week and the 5 extra hours you work are paid as overtime.
Chance to work with one of the largest employers in the Pembrokeshire region that have operated for over 40 years.
Our client, one of Wales’ largest independent suppliers of aggregates/civil engineering, are currently looking to recruit a Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician for their busy workshop in Pembrokeshire.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, as a HGV Technician your key objectives will include:
- Carry out vehicle inspections to DVSA standards, preferably with demonstrable knowledge and experience on Class IV.
- Complete scheduled and reactive maintenance to GDH vehicles, as well as routine servicing.
- Diagnose faults & correct/repair vehicle defects in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conduct MOT Preparation work for DVSA Testing.
- Ensure all paperwork including safety inspection records are completed to a high standard in a timely manner.
- Work to deadlines as part of a team, with limited supervision.
- Operate a range of computerised systems.
In order to be eligible you will need to be qualified to IMI/NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or failing this hold strong long-serving time served experience within the role.
You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player.
You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team.
Applicants with an active HGV driving licence would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work as a HGV Technician, our client is offering:
- Starting salary negotiable pending experience and current earnings.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- 20 days annual holiday allowance plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Career progression including access to further training and qualifications.
- Various additional benefits including private medical health cover, life assurance, and an employee assistance programme.
- Workplace pension scheme
- Chance to work with one of the largest employers in the Pembrokeshire region that have operated for over 40 years.
- Working hours from 7:30am-5:00pm Monday to Friday with an hour lunch. Contractually you shall work a 40 hour week and the 5 extra hours you work are paid as overtime.
To apply for this HGV Technician position, please forward your CV to Harry Woodcock quoting the job reference number or call our office for a chat about this position.
Perfect Placement are the UK’s Leading Automotive Recruitment Agency so if you are looking for a New Vehicle Technician, Car Mechanic, Garage Mechanic, Car Technician or Technical Roles within the Motor Trade be sure to contact us today.