£32000 per annum
20 days ago
- Trafford Park, Manchester
- Basic Salary - OTE £32,000 - Depending on experience and qualification level
- Hours of work - Monday - Friday 08:30am - 17:00pm
- NO WEEKENDS!!
- About the role
You will currently be a Workshop Controller or Parts Advisor position looking to progress, with the ability to manage the growth and development of a workshop and parts department, be responsible for the daily control of the workshop to maintain a high level of productivity, quality and ‘right first time’ repair. You will be required to run an efficient operation ensuring full utilisation of workshop facilities, as well as developing external parts supply chain relationships from ordering to delivery to returns of parts and possess an up-to-date knowledge of vehicle service repairs and maintenance.
You’ll get the unique opportunity to work with a huge range of manufacturers and models.
Day-to-day duties of Workshop Controller
- Organising workload for technicians
- Maintaining Just-in-time parts deliveries
- Organise parts storage and allocation to technicians
- Maintain fully records of parts ordered v parts used
- Fully understand costings or work carried and parts used
- Following the correct procedures and completing documentation.
Essential skills for the Workshop Controller position
- A minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in a vehicle workshop environment.
- Computer literate with MS Office Suite and Dealer Management systems
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team in a competent, safe, and efficient manner.
- Strong attention to detail and a proactive approach.
- Ability to follow written and spoken instructions and accurately complete paperwork.
- A full driving licences.
The Workshop Controller will be
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and helpful
- Committed to delivering an unparalleled level of customer service
- Respectful and courteous to customers and colleagues
- Resilient with a drive to succeed.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- In addition to this you will be highly motivated, efficient, organised and have a proven track record within workshop / parts department
- Used to working in a fast pace, target driven environment.
If you are interested in this position and can add real value to our team, we would love to hear from you.
Our highly experienced Recruitment Consultant Demi Somerville-Briers is waiting for your call, along with hundreds of candidates looking for their next job and career move in Manchester