£38000 per annum
8 days ago
Essex. Hours: Monday to Friday 0400hrs to 1230hrs – 40 hours working week. Salary: up to £38,000 (depending on qualifications and experience) + Bonus & Overtime. Contract: Full Time, Permanent. Our commercial automotive client based in Harlow, Essex is currently looking to hire an experienced HGV Technician for their early shift.
Responsibilities got the HGV Technician:
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures, safely and responsibly.
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate.
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and warranty material on completion of each repair.
- Work with the Parts Team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted.
- Road test vehicles when required (if you hold an HGV licence).
- Assist with roadside breakdowns.
- Ensure company time recording procedures are complied with, and that job cards are completed accurately.
- Ensure service sheets are completed as per Volvo instructions.
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop controllers.
- Keep all workshop facilities, equipment and tools clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Wear personal protective equipment when appropriate.
- Support the development of young trainees and apprentices.
HGV Technician Requirements:
- You’ll hold a City and Guilds, an NVQ3 or an equivalent qualification.
- Have completed an apprenticeship in the HGV industry, or have equivalent experience, along with relevant experience in the commercial vehicle industry.
- A basic knowledge of computer software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook is preferred, as is a general level of computer literacy.
- You will have a basic working knowledge of vehicle technology.
What’s in it for the HGV Technician:
- You’ll be working for one of the world’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturers as well as be working for a company that truly values the people who work for it.
- You’ll receive a Competitive salary, bonus and Overtime opportunities.
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays - raising +1 day per completed year to 25 days.
- Contributory Pension scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discount on Volvo and Renault cars for friends and family.
- Discounts on High St Retailers, travel, cinema, gyms and many more.
Motor trade experience as an HGV Technician is essential to the role.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Harlow please contact Louisa Coggs at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today