£45000 per annum
15 days ago
- Basic salary DOE / £45,000 OTE
- 46 hours a week
- Reputable dealer group in the North West
The main purpose of the Service Manager job is to ensure the efficient and profitable operation of the service department, controlling resources to achieve budget requirements and enhanced customer satisfaction.
You will need to maximise the departmental profitability through the sales of labour, parts and materials to franchise and non-franchise customers.
Key Responsibilities for the Service Manager:
- Operating controls - ensure the accurate and timely completion of admin and operational tasks, whilst achieving a consistently high level of customer satisfaction
- Prospecting & Marketing - in collaboration with other managers, seek to identify and connect with new customers and markets
- Budget management - achieve all agreed financial objectives, efficiently plan, monitor and maintain all relevant budgetary controls
- Planning and organising - plan ahead and manage time effectively that all tasks are completed to deadline
- Communication - carry out briefings to clearly communicate team and individual objectives, give feedback and maintaining relationships with staff members
- People management - recruitment, minimising staff turnover, training, ensure Health & Safety and other policies are strictly adhered to
- To be considered for this Service Manager position, you must have previous experience in management of a successful service department and will be able to display professionalism and motivation, encourage beneficial change and support the company's reputation for excellence through high s- tandards of personal behaviour, including appropriate dress code.
Previous experience in a car Main Dealer is preferred but not essential and our client will still consider applicants from Independents, HGV / Commercial workshops, etc.
What you get in return as a Service Manager:
- 23 days' holiday + bank holidays
- On-going training and development
- Workplace pension after 3 months
- Friendly atmosphere
- Uniform provided
- Car benefit scheme available after 6 months
If this Service Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Lancaster please contact Becca Hams at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.