£38000 per annum
14 days ago
North Yorkshire Area
c£38,000 Basic Salary + OT
Hours of work are as follows: Week 1 7am - 4pm / Week 2 12pm - 9pm / Alternated Saturday mornings when on late shift.
Our Client a family owned Commercial Vehicle Dealership in the Ripon area is currently looking to hire an experienced HGV Technician for their busy expanding workshop operations.
Our Client have a fantastic reputation for high standards and around 70 years trading history. They have invested heavily within the business recently and has a business ethos of ensuring that their people are at the heart of their business.
Duties of a HGV Technician with our Client
- To carry out repairs and servicing to vehicles, as instructed, to the highest possible standard.
- To correctly interpret instructions from the job card/repair order, to follow all documented Quality Procedures and to comply with repair instructions and stipulated settings and tolerances from manufacturers' manuals, bulletins, check sheets.
- To obtain any necessary technical information by following documented procedures. To request and attend training and to keep abreast of the latest technical information which is circulated or displayed.
- Plan, carry out, check and test all work done to the highest possible standard of workmanship and in the most efficient manner, in order to ensure the maximum utilisation of time available. To report any repair difficulties immediately.
- Accurately report and record work done, and tests carried out and to immediately report any further work required or vehicle faults, as laid down in documented procedures.
- Protect and take care of Customers' and the Company's property. To drive and road test vehicles by following documented procedures and taking the utmost care.
- Maintain allocated work areas in a clean and tidy condition and to remove all scrap, etc. immediately upon the completion of each repair.
- Ensure that all guidelines on health and safety are followed.
- To maintain good working relationships with other staff and Customers.
- Carry out any further duties, within capabilities, by agreement with management.
What our Client expects of their HGV Mechanic
- Experience with Commercial Vehicle / HGV Repair
- Ideally qualified to Level 3, however time served candidates are also considered
- Irtec qualification is desirable but if you don't have this training will be provided.
- Competency in numeracy and literacy.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- To be a team player
You will ideally live within the North Yorkshire area or be able to travel to the Ripon area and have a working experience with the Automotive sector, preferably in a commercial vehicle environment, either with Main HGV Dealerships or HGV Fleet Businesses.
Our Client offers an excellent competitive starting salary package of around £38,000 + Overtime.
This vacancy is based in Ripon and our Client is ideally looking for Level 3 qualified candidates but will also consider time served.
We will not send your CV to a job until we have spoken to you so it is imperative that you provide a daytime contact number preferably your mobile number.
If you are interested in hearing more about HGV Technician, Plant Mechanic, HGV Mechanic, Commercial Vehicle Technician, or others we have in West, North and East Yorkshire please do not hesitate to contact Helen at Perfect Placement today.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 2200 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK.