£32000 per annum
12 days ago
Up to £30,000 Basic Salary
Mon – Fri 08:00 – 17:00
Franchised Commercial Vehicle Dealership
Automotive Service Manager required for our clients Commercial Vehicle Dealership in Eastleigh!
With over 50 years’ experience within the Commercial Vehicle Sector, selling over 100,000 vehicles annually and turnover £1bn +, our client offers a safe, stable and supportive working environment.
Our Client has a passion for creating & promoting a team-oriented spirit, which invests in people and strives to be the best workshop & parts department within the region.
The ideal manager will be an experienced supervisor able to work with various computer systems. You will have a positive "can do" attitude and be willing and able to work as part of a team. Being a good team player is essential. You must be able to communicate to a high level to provide first class
administrative support to the dealership and to our customers
Our Client is happy to look at applicants from Senior Service Advisor and Service Team Leader experiences looking to take the next step in their career, alongside those with previous automotive Service Management experience.
What’s in it for you?
- A Competitive Basic Salary Circa £30,000
- Monday – Friday Only Working Hours!
- A supportive Management Structure
- Full Systems & Process Training
- Competitive Holiday Allowance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Future Development Opportunities with a Large Group.
Duties of a Commercial Service Manager with our Client
- Manage all Service Department procedures with the aid of Workshop Controller
- Fully support the Workshop Controller, in his daily routine and take control of any on-going issues.
- Be available to give the Workshop Controller advice and assistance on technical matters to include holiday cover.
- Ensure all clock cards are reconciled each day for the admin department.
- Ensure service reception and workshop control manage MOT bookings, T card rack is live data and accurate, to include twice daily run downs, incorporating shift foreman. Further to ensure scheduled bookings show up to 2 weeks in advance and confirmed two days in advance.
- Ensure the night board is completed and booking confirmed on day of booking, all parts for repairs and servicing are on the shelf and marked with the job No. Ensure that the work is prioritised and collection times noted in conjunction with the Workshop Controller.
- Manage and oversee the daily operation of service department, to include daily checks that service reception have obtained starts up numbers for all work, including further updates for all additional work, job set are opened accurately to include all driver defects, including instruction on collection times. Taking special note of all cash sale customers.
- Monitor in conjunction with the Workshop Controller that all job cards and paperwork is filled in correctly with the required information; Rec sheets completed with clear accurate defect repair information and split times on repairs carried out, parts listed, and sheets signed off.
- Dealing with customer queries and or complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensuring at the end of your shift each day the Depot Manager is given a full hand over from you directly of any ongoing issues he needs to be aware of.
What our Client expects of their Service Manager
- Previous experience within the motor industry is required
- Supervision experience is required.
- Ability to plan ahead effectively and multi task
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Good customer facing skills is essential
- Previous experience delivering excellent administration and customer service is essential.
- Previous experience with Kerridge is essential
- Full driving licence
- Team Player
- Effective communicator
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills
This vacancy is based in Eastleigh and our Client is ideally looking for motor trade experienced applicants.
We will not send your CV to a job until we have spoken to you so it is imperative that you provide a daytime contact number preferably your mobile number.
If you are interested in hearing more about this Service Manager, Aftersales Manager, Assistant Service Manager, Parts Manager or Service Team Leader roles, or others we have in Eastleigh, Southampton, Gosport, Lee-on-Solent, Winchester, Portsmouth, Chichester, Petersfield, Havant, Waterlooville, Bognor Regis, Worthing, Pulborough, Romsey, Winchester, Chandlers Ford, Bournemouth, Salisbury, New Forest, Ringwood, Fareham, Bournemouth, Wiltshire, Dorset or Hampshire please do not hesitate to contact Martin Bane at Perfect Placement today.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!