£42000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client a national supplier of design, manufacture & after-care of factory-built, packaged & Treatment Systems, Process Software / Systems Integration, & Electrical Control Panels is looking for a Project Engineer & a Senior Project Engineer.
The job specification is for the Senior Project Engineer. They will be working with the Project Management Team on projects, but are the technical source, whilst the Project Managers are the contractual source.
Senior Project Engineer - £35K - £42,5K
Project Engineer – up to £35K
(Qualification and experience dependent)
40 (Monday to Friday, 0830hrs to 1700hrs).
Main purpose of post:
The role of the Senior Project Engineer is, to bridge the boundaries between engineering, project management, technical disciplines, and those who contribute to the building of structures and products. It is essential that the design process and all outputs fully comply with Company, contractual, budgetary, procedural, and legislative requirements. The Senior Project Engineer is the primary point of contact for the client on technical issues. Other aptitudes include management and coordination of the engineering, manufacturing, installation and commissioning teams, and site-based activities located within the UK. The role requires occasional Site attendance, to manage and coordinate installation and commissioning teams during live projects (as and when required). You must have a tenacious approach to digital design and encompass using the Company’s range of integrated tools.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The key objectives of the appointment are to:
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day management and quality assurance of assigned projects, encompassing.
- Pre-planning and resource forecasting.
- Management and coordination of site-based activities.
- Interdisciplinary coordination.
- Time and cost estimation, Budget formation and adherence.
- Strong communication and liaison (using various written and verbal formats) with other stakeholders (including the client and supply chain) in order to resource plan and to fulfil all commitments and meet all targets.
- Regular project performance reporting.
- Full, comprehensive documentation.
- Risk identification, analysis and management, including assessment of obsolescence.
- Deliver the assigned projects on time and to cost.
- Develop knowledge, which is subsequently embedded within the process and knowledge systems to continuously improve and inform decision making.
- Assist in internal process development, identifying and removing waste / non-value added activities.
- Embrace the Company’s digital delivery tools, interrogate and innovate design processes.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company’s Business Assurance Standards in all relevant reporting, documentation, record keeping and procedures.
- Possess strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and personnel.
- Attend customer’s sites whenever required, upholding the Company’s Culture and Values.
Lead excellent working practices, including:
- Health, safety & environmental compliance.
- Data protection & information security.
- Customer focus.
- Team Behaviour.
- Continuous improvement.
- Compliance with the Company’s Business Quality Management System.
If this Senior/Project Engineering Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Norwich please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.