Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary dependent on experience
0191 446 0461
about 1 month ago
Basic Salary Negotiable Depending on Experience / Plus Department Based Bonus
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm. Weekends as a when required.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen and we are now recruiting for a Parts Manager to join our clients busy team at the Newcastle depot.
Key Purpose of the Job:
- Independently managing and developing a customer oriented and profitable parts business. This includes, in particular, optimally utilising the market, a high level of customer satisfaction and high yields for the department, as well as planning, controlling and monitoring processes in customer services areas.
- Managing and developing employees.
- Ensuring all manufacturer standards are met and legal regulations on labour and environmental protection complied with.
- Responsible for the parts performance of the site and for delivery of the business plan
- Defining market targets for the spare parts business within the framework of performance targets defined by the manufacturer and, together with the company management, drawing up a corresponding annual plan
- Thorough understanding of stocking levels and importance of lost sales analysis
- Ensuring customers and mechanics have access to advice on identifying which spare parts and accessories they require
- Ensuring service and invoicing regarding spare parts is carried out in a customer oriented manner
- Ensuring permanent availability or sourcing at short notice of spare parts and accessories
- Organising incoming lot control in spare parts warehouse
- Ensuring defective spare parts from complaints and warranty claims are returned correctly
- Monitoring inventory documentation and controlling inventory optimisation
- Maximising accessory opportunity by ensuring showroom displays are in place and updated, commission scheme in place and all appropriate staff are trained and informed on new accessory products
- Controlling cost management for own department
- Managing, coaching and motivating employees to ensure a high quality of employee
- Together with employees, establishing business objectives and personal development goals and monitoring performance against agreed targets
- Monitoring the regional market with respect to new competitors
- Carrying out analyses of the competition/benchmarking in Parts
- Performance analysis to identify areas of weakness and appropriate marketing activity
- Market and customer analysis of trade parts business to determine level of marketing activity for trade parts growth
- Ensuring literature, product brochures as well as process documentation and the required software is up to date, complete and available
- Ensure product knowledge is kept up to date in order to increase opportunity for sales and associated sales
- Reviewing CSI surveys and other measures for monitoring customer satisfaction
- Monitoring compliance with BER standards and all other statutory regulations.
- People management particularly in terms of achievement through teams. Leadership style should be highly visible and hands on
If this Commercial Parts Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Newcastle please contact Grace Morley at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.