Newcastle upon Tyne
£30000 per annum
0191 446 0461
about 2 months ago
Basic Salary ranging from circa £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8-5. NO WEEKENDS.
Our client, a Commercial Main Dealer in Newcastle, is seeking a Used Vehicle Preparation Technician to join the team.
The ideal candidate will have multi- manufacturer experience, and have also used independent diagnostic equipment.
You will be working on all types of cars and vans processed through the used preparation department. You will be part of an ambitious used team and work within an exceptionally busy service department, to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the used department.
Experience working in a Vehicle Preparation role already would be a distinct advantage. As part of your role you will need to ensure the highest possible levels of productivity and efficiency to ensure a rapid turnaround of vehicles, quality workmanship and attention to detail is also essential for this position.
Applications are ideally sought from Level 3 Technicians with a valid MOT licence. However, if you are a Level 3 Technician without a MOT licence or a Level 2 Technician who is capable of all jobs then we would encourage you to apply.
Key duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To diagnose faults and repair all makes and models of Cars and LCV’s
- To service vehicles according to the used preparation guidelines.
- To diagnose and repair faults using diagnostic equipment and all available workshop information systems.
- To fit accessories to vehicles.
- To carry out final inspections and function tests on all work that requires it as dictated by the used preparation manual.
- To attend vehicle breakdowns on behalf of the company and complete roadside repairs - adhering to all safety and procedural guidelines.
- To identify warranty items and ensure that parts are labelled correctly and placed in the designated area.
- To obtain parts from the parts department ensuring paperwork is completed accurately.
- Support the development of any trainees and apprentices.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained.
If this Used Vehicle Prep Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne please contact Grace Morley at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.