£30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Basic Salary up to £30,000
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:30, Sats 08:00 – 13:00
Our Client one of the fasted growing suppliers of Automotive & tyre fitting services are seeking a MOT Tester for their expanding site in Fareham, Hampshire.
With over 150 Garages and 50 years of trading experience, our Client provides a busy working environment with a strong reputation of providing customers with a friendly service, with great choice & quality.
They are seeking a fully qualified MOT Tester, for their busy MOT lane. They are also happy to consider applicants who require a MOT Refresher.
Our Client wants to offer an opportunity of a job that works for their employees and for the business.
Get in touch today, to discuss this role and other automotive jobs!
What’s in it for you?
- A Competitive Basic Salary circa £30,000 DOE
- A supportive Management Structure
- Full Systems & Process Training
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Pay
- Life Cover
- Employee Discount
- Days Out savings including London Attractions!
- Long Service Holiday Entitlement
- Employee wellbeing programme
- Buy & Sell Holiday
- Charity Match – Raising Money for a good cause? They will match it!
- Free Eye Test & Flu Jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension
- Future Development Opportunities with a Large Group.
Duties of MOT Tester / Technician with our Client
- Ensure the work completed on each vehicle is carried out safely and to a high standard.
- Carry out MOT testing in accordance with VOSA testing requirements.
- Fast fit tyre fitting whilst being able to use an alignment machine and understand the reading and relevant adjustments.
- Fitting brakes, exhausts and other mechanical products.
- Work in a safe manner and comply with health & safety regulations at all times.
- Ensure you do not work on any product or service that you have not been assessed as competent in or trained to carry out.
- Adhere to company procedures on the use of vehicle inspection sheets.
- Make customers and/or management aware of any additional faults found on the customer’s vehicle.
- To carry out other duties as you may reasonably be called upon to perform.
What our Client expects of their MOT Tester / Technician:
- Experience in a Mechanical Technician position
- Valid MOT Testing Licecence
- Good understanding/experience of repairs and mechanical servicing and braking
- Logical problem-solving skills
- Full UK driving licence with no more than 9 points (you will be subject to licence checks)
- The ability to interact with our customers effectively; especially when explaining faults
- Act on your own initiative and take responsibility for the quality of your own work
- The willingness to constantly learn and improve your own performance and that of the business
- Experience in a professional workshop environment
- Good approach to customer service
If this Vehicle Technician job interests, you and you would like to know more about it, Car Technician, Van Technician, HGV Technician, Car Mechanic, or other Automotive Jobs in Fareham, Portsmouth, Gosport, Southampton, Romsey, Totton, Ringwood, Fawley, Petersfield, Bishops Waltham, Denmead, Fair Oak, Shedfield, Wickham, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Waterlooville, Chichester & Havant please contact Martin Bane at Perfect Placement UK Ltd
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.