£45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client a growing SME is looking to bring on board a proactive, hands-on QEHS Manager who understands and can drive robust quality and EHS management systems.
A person whose natural style is to generate buy-in and change by involving people at all levels and in all areas.
Salary - Depending on experience
Duties of a QEHS Manager:
- Review – Overhaul and manage the QMS in line with ISO 9001:2015 accreditation.
- Review – Overhaul and manage the SMS in line with statutory requirements and then look to win ISO 14001 and possibly ISO 45001 accreditation
- Set up – lead – train the use of appropriate management tools, including 8D, FMEA type activities to drive route cause identification
- Set up Scorecards that drive Quality & Safety behaviour, including the use of methodologies from Pareto analysis to toolbox talks
- Root-branch review of inspection processes, to ID and replace non-value-added activities, with self-managing systems that prevent problems being passed on
- Take part in brainstorming sessions that drive improvements within the business at all levels, by cell, department or at a business CI level
- Create and manage training plans for and supporting the rest of the business, from statutory to business dictated, for all areas of the business
Skills and Qualifications:
- Technical qualifications, as well as a minimum of IOSH if not NEBOSH level, Green belt would be a bonus to have as well
- Good written – verbal communication skills
- IT proficiency, including Office suite
- Influencer with strong people skills, as well as a hands-on doer
- Ideal background is someone from an SME, with ‘multiple hats’ experience, that has also corporate best practice background
- Knowledge and use of measuring equipment from callipers to micrometres etc
- Solid engineering background, able to understand tolerances, drawings, schematics
If this QEHS Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Engineering Jobs in Lowestoft please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.