£32000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Up to £20-26,000 starting basic salary with an OTE of up to £32,000
Monday to Friday 8:00am-6:00pm with 1 in 2 Saturday Mornings 8:30am-12:30pm
Great opportunity is you are looking for progression into management
Our client, a franchise approved car dealership in the Cheltenham area, is currently looking to hire a Assistant Workshop Controller to join their busy Service Department!
Reporting to the Service Manager and Workshop Controller, as an Assistant Workshop Controller, you will help lead a team of Vehicle Technicians and help to ensure that they achieve daily targets.
Using your technical knowledge, gained in the automotive industry, you’ll assist technicians to identify solutions and will liaise with other departments as necessary.
You will be partially responsible for managing the security and maintenance of this offsite building and will carry out health & safety risk assessments and have responsibility as a site fire warden.
Also, with customer satisfaction in mind, you will have controls in place to ensure that work is carried out correctly, competently, on time and within standards.
The successful applicant will ideally live within the Cheltenham region or be readily available to commute to Cheltenham.
You will either come from a role on the tools as a Senior Vehicle Technician, or a Service Advisor background and you are looking to progress into management.
Recent or current experience operating at a supervisory level within a workshop is desirable but not required.
You will need to hold a UK driving license with minimal points, be a committed individual and a good team player.
You must be able to produce consistent high quality work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for you and the team.
For your hard work as an Assistant Workshop Controller, our client offers...
- Starting basic salary up to £20-26,000 starting basic salary per annum pending experience.
- OTE between £26,000 to £32,000
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays with holiday allowance increasing over the length of service. - capped at 26 days leave.
- Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training.
- Company pension scheme.
- Various staff benefits including life cover, service discounts, free MOTs, health care provisions, and online retailed discounts amongst others .
- Fantastic long-term career prospects with one of the UK’s most popular car brands and a long-established local car dealer group that are recognised as a "Best Company to Work For".
- Working hours from 8:00am-6:00pm Monday to Friday with 1 in 2 Saturdays 8:30am-12:30pm
If this Assistant Workshop Controller Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Cheltenham please contact Harry Woodcock at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.