£30000 per annum
25 days ago
Our client a very successful Design and Manufacturer of efficient electric process control systems is looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to provide reactive and preventative maintenance to the site.
Package for a Maintenance Engineer:
40 hours Mon- Fri
£25,000 - £30,000 DOE
About the Maintenance Engineer role:
- Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance of equipment in accordance with relevant Regulations.
- Respond to breakdowns of equipment.
- Diagnose faults and repair equipment in accordance with manufactures specifications, company maintenance procedures and regulatory requirements (both mechanical and electrical).
- Work efficiently to ensure all electrical/mechanical engineering work is completed in a safe manner.
- Maintain racking and lifting equipment in accordance with PUWER Regulations and best practise.
- Perform repairs and maintenance to the fabric of the building.
- Maintain CCTV and door access equipment.
- Maintain a register of all electrical equipment and carry out periodic PAT testing to a pre-determined planned rota based on risk assessing the equipment in use and in accordance with HSE guidance.
- Basic plumbing and carpentry.
- Ensuring the grounds/car park and facilities are kept in good order and are presentable at all times.
- Manage small projects and routine maintenance by third parties, appointing and managing appropriate contractors.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities comply with all Risk, COSHH and Manual Handling Assessments at all times.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are risk assessed and those assessments are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that the maintenance bay is maintained in good order and all spares and equipment are secured at all times.
Skills and experience required as a Maintenance Engineer:
- Be a fully qualified/time served Maintenance or Electrical Engineer.
- Ideally Electrical Bias NVQ/BTEC Qualified with a working knowledge of 18th edition of the wiring regulations.
- IPAF & forklift Certification.
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations and organise work load accordingly.
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Positive, well organised and strong admin skills.
If this Maintenance Engineer Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Thetford please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!