£39000 per annum
20 days ago
Heavy Vehicle Dealership
£39,000 - 46.67 hours per week Mon - Fri 7:30am - 17:30pm (1/3 Sat 7:30am - 12:30pm)
Do you have experience in HGV's? Do you have strong leadership and man-management skills? Are you confident and motivated?
Our client is looking for an experienced HGV time served technician to progress into HGV Workshop Manager role.
As HGV Workshop Manager you will be required to monitor activity levels of productive staff in job times and productivity and quality of work, to ensure the appropriate levels of work are planned and booked on a weekly daily basis.
Drive and deliver high levels of customer service, quality of workmanship, workshop utilisation, technician productivity, service profitability, compliance with HSEQ and franchise standards and upper quartile performance against franchise targets and objectives.
Control daily work programme to maximise workshop capabilities and ensure the workshop utilisation figures are being achieved through managing and liaising with the Service Reception staff of work requirements.
Key accountabilities as a HGV Workshop Manager:
- To manage and support staff in all areas of the Service Department.
- Ensure Workshop responsibilities and duties are fully carried out through personal leadership, contact and liaising with Shift Leaders.
- Ensure good levels of communication between customers and Service Reception staff, on order numbers, additional costs, and work in progress and job completion.
- Achieve satisfactory output per person/hour and best utilisation of workshop staff hours, working in conjunction with the Shift Leaders.
- Ensure company standards are maintained in the Workshop and Policy and Procedures are applied.
- Ensure quality checks are carried out regularly, so no vehicles leave the workshop with any PG9 or dangerous defects. Achieve a first time MOT pass rate of over 97.5%.
- Implement arrangements for emergency breakdown cover at all times and achieve upper quartile performance.
- Ensure compliance with franchise standards and aim to achieve the maximum score on the Dealer Target Programme or other future programme(s).
- Maintain good customer relations and deal constructively with all matters including complaints and product issues within the areas of your authority and responsibility.
- Ensure all the necessary and relevant information is on the job card and services sheets on the completion of jobs and they are legible for costing. Ensure technician write up justifies the time booked and the time is billable.
- Ensure productivity, recovery rate, labour margin, sublet, ATF, consumable recovery etc. objectives are achieve or exceeded.
- It is your responsibility and that of the Shift Leaders through your Leadership to ensure the yard and workshop housekeeping are kept to a high standard via periodic inspections and parking of vehicles is to a standard to minimise any safety risk and damage to vehicles.
- Ensure any Company Vehicles in the Service Department are both serviced and roadworthy at all times and to a standard that represents the Company image.
- Keep up to date with all manufacturers’ bulletins and information; ensure that any of the information in these is passed on to the relevant staff in a timely fashion.
- Deal fairly and constructively with all staff issues and advise the General Service Manager of any issues or problems if they are out with your remit.
-Ensure the levels of communication are of the highest standards both written and orally, especially in handover procedures and daily work practices.
- Observe, apply and comply with the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times and report to the Service Manager any breaches of this policy.
- ISO 9001, 14001 etc. compliance
What our client is offering for a HGV Workshop Manager:
- Salary of £39,000
- Working hours are - Monday – Friday 7.30 – 17.30 and 1 in 3 Saturday mornings
- Company benefits including family and friends discounted car scheme, health care scheme, retail discount savings, career progression and much more.
If this HGV Workshop Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Huddersfield please contact Helen Terry at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!