£35000 per annum
12 days ago
Hourly rate £12.50 - £14.50 per hour
39 hours per week early / late shift plus alternate Saturday mornings
Our client is looking for a new HGV technician who can demonstrate the following:
- A relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Vehicle Repair)
- A proven track record in vehicle repair and servicing Truck, Trailer, Van and ancillary equipment within a Dealership.
- Experience in the use of computer Diagnostic equipment.
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures.
Main duties of a HGV Technician are:
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
In return, our client offers:
- Great company perks
- Lucrative salary (dependent on experience)
- Great work/life balance (37.5 hour week + every other Saturday)
- Continuous training
If you you or anybody you may know would be interested in this appointment please call for further details and referrals.
If this vacancy sounds like its for you or if you would like to find out more about others like it in Shropshire, please contact Matt at Perfect Placement today.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!