£45000 per annum
12 days ago
4 on 4 off, 18:00 – 06:00
Basic Salary Up to £42,000, OTE up to £45,000
HGV Dealer Group – VMU Site
Our Client is one of the largest HGV Dealer Groups within the UK with 11 dedicated sites across the South of England, representing one of the biggest brands in the automotive and commercial vehicle industry.
They are currently seeking a qualified HGV Technician to be the dedicated brand technician for their Clients fleet of HGVs.
Their Client is a well-known Multi-national business with a major requirement for logistics.
You will be responsible for maintaining their fleet, ensuring they have access to all vehicles and reduce vehicle down time whilst increasing delivery efficiency.
Our Client offers a supportive working environment, with continued recognition, training and development.
If you are looking to work for an amazing brand with brilliant benefits, and have experience as a HGV Technician, get in touch today!
What’s in it for you as a HGV Technician?
- A Competitive Basic Salary – Basic Salary up to £42,000 / £16 p.h.
- Overtime Opportunity at time & a Half
- Employee Perkbox
- IRTEC Qualification Training
- A supportive Management Structure
- Full Systems & Process Training
- Company Uniform
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Wellbeing Platform
- Reward & Recognition Programmes
- Company Pension
- Future Development Opportunities with a large Group.
Duties of a HGV Technician with our client:
- Receive job cards as allocated by the workshop controller and review work with supervisors as required.
- Perform routine maintenance and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Test drive vehicles and test components and systems, using equipment such as computerised diagnostic devices.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- If required confer with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, to discuss work to be performed and identify future repair requirements.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Repair and service air conditioning (when appropriately trained) heating, engine-cooling, and electrical systems.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturer’s performance specifications.
- Repair and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Identifying errors / problems and determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections to evaluate quality or performance.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanised Devices, or Equipment — driving vehicles and operating workshop equipment
- Analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution to solve problems.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying knowledge to your job.
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
What our client expects of their HGV Technician:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent with HGV Repair
- Previous experience within a Commercial Vehicle Environment
- Strong understanding of technical issues and the ability to resolve them.
- Adaptable team player
- Ideally Class 1 HGV Driving Licence
- Ability to think on your feet with a 'can do' attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and customer service skills.
If this HGV Technician interests, you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs such as HGV Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Lorry Mechanic, Truck Technician, LCV Technician, PCV Technician, Bus Technician, Coach Technician, Plant Technician, Agricultural Technician, Vehicle Technician in Southampton, Portsmouth, Gosport, Fareham, Waterlooville, Havant, Chichester, Petersfield, Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford, Basingstoke, Alton, Farnham, Aldershot, New Alersford, Romsey, Andover, West End, Hedge End, Bishops Waltham, Denmead, Southampton, and Hampshire please contact Martin Bane at Perfect Placement.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.