Up to £38000 per annum
10 days ago
HGV Fitter / Workshop Foreman
£12 - £15 per hour + Call out bonus
Commercial / Plant Service Centre
Our client a Plant and Commercial Vehicle Specialist are currently in the market for an experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic / Workshop Foreman to join their busy team!
As a Foreman / HGV Fitter your day to day duties will include:
- Prepare, present and accompany all vehicles, for annual MOT inspections ensuring a first time pass
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards
- Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, with a first time fix policy
- To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required.
- To prepare and decommission vehicles
- To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced, update dedicated workshop computer system as necessary
- To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to
- To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition
- To attend training courses linked to PDR reviews and service needs
- Must be computer literate
- You must be a qualified HGV mechanic with a professionally recognised qualification in Heavy Vehicle / Plant Maintenance and repair (NVQ Level 2 or 3 or equivalent)
- Qualified - City and Guilds Level 3 HGV or equivalent
- Good communicator and able to manage a working workshop with minimal supervision
- Flexible to working hours
- IRTEC Licence holder desired (Inspection Technician Accreditation) or similar professionally recognised qualification in Heavy Vehicle Inspection
- Be conversant with the DVSA produces annual test inspection manuals, which give details of inspection methods and pass/fail criteria
- Experience in hydraulics, pneumatic and electrics would be an advantage, training would be available for the right candidate.
- Class 2 HGV Licence
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Automotive Careers, so if this Workshop Foreman / HGV Fitter Job has interested you or you would like to know about other Automotive Jobs in Farnborough, Camberley and Aldershot please get in touch with Georgia Trew today.
We have a wide range of Motor Trade Jobs across the whole of the UK, so if you are looking for something slightly different, be sure to get in touch with our Team of Automotive Recruiters.