Coleraine, County Londonderry
Up to £30000 per annum
9 months ago
Commercial Vehicle Technician required in Co. Londonderry
- Full Time - 40hrs
- Up to £26,520 Basic + Overtime + Bonus
- Main Deaer
Our client is a leading Commercial Vehicle Dealer in County Londonderry and the sole supplier of one of the world's leading Commercial Vehicle brands in Northern Ireland.
This Commercial Technician will be based in their state of the art workshop in Coleraine.
The successful Vehicle Technician will be required to perform vehicle fleet inspections, diagnostic testing and carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs including the replacement of parts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities for the LCV / HGV Technician, may include:
- Ensuring repairs are carried out according to manufacturer's procedures in a safe and responsible manner
- Completion of jobs from general servicing to fault finding, working on electrics and carrying out strips and rebuilds
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Standard Times using special tools where appropriate
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair
- Work with the parts team to ensure correct replacement parts are fitted to vehicles
- Road test vehicles if required (if holder of an HGV licence)
- Assist with Roadside breakdowns (if required to do so)
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to Workshop Supervisor
- Ensure service sheets are completed as per Company instructions
- Ensure Company time recording processes are complied with and job cards are completely accurately
- Ensure that workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment when appropriate
- Support the development of apprentices and trainees when required
Our Client Requires the LCV / HGV Technician to:
- NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent in HGV Mechanics and be post apprenticeship served.
- Relevant truck, bus and trailer industry experience is essential.
The successful Vehicle Technician will insist on the highest quality of workmanship, whilst concentrating on efficiency's; be reliable and have excellent timekeeping and attendance records, work with safety in mind at all times and have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a very successful and well-established business, using modern tools and equipment.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have a positive 'can do' attitude, we want to hear from you!
If this Vehicle Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Londonderry please contact Jimi at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Service Manager Jobs.