Up to £30000 per annum
5 days ago
Commercial Wheel Alignment Technician required to cover Gloucestershire and Worcestershire.
Basic salary between £20-24,000 per annum with a potential bonus of up to £6,000 per annum.
No set hours with the candidate being able to control own diary.
Great chance to join a growing business.
Due to retirement our client, the UK's largest independent commercial vehicle wheel alignment company, are currently recruiting for an experienced and professional Mobile Wheel Alignment Technician to cover the Gloucestershire/Worcestershire region.
Working from home with a company-supplied van and equipment, the job involves attending to various customer's premises to optimise the wheel alignment of their commercial vehicles. Calls are directed from our client's call centre to their fleet of Mobile Wheel Alignment Technicians, and then the Technician liaises directly with the customer to arrange a site visit. Using specialised laser alignment equipment you will measure the wheel alignment and make the necessary adjustments. Full training will be provided. You key responsibilities will include:
* Provide technical expertise on steering issues to customers
* Diagnose wheel alignment issues on a variety of commercial vehicles (HGVS, coaches, vans, cranes, trailers, municipal etc.)
* Build relationships with own customer base
* Maintain highest levels of workmanship and customer service
* Keep own van and equipment in excellent state of working order
* A minimum 2/3 years relevant automotive mechanical experience essential. Commercial vehicle experience would be ideal, but our client has also successfully recruited candidates from a broader set of a mechanical trades such as Agricultural Technicians, Plant and Equipment Technicians, Fitters, and Car and Van Technicians
* Specific wheel alignment experience would be very highly advantageous, however full training will be provided.
* Motivated and self-starter approach to workload
* Well organised and able to collate customer jobs sheets and sales records
* Full clean UK driving licence
* Physically fit and capable of working under commercial vehicles using heavy tools
For your hard work our client is offering…
* Starting salary between £20-24,000 per annum pending experience and current earnings.
* Performance orientated bonus scheme that can add up to £3-6,000 per annum to your salary.
* 20 days annual holiday allowance.
* Company van and business fuel provided.
* Workplace pension scheme.
* Full in-house training provided.
Work hours are flexible and employees are given responsibility to manage their own diaries. There are no fixed core hours, but some early mornings, evenings and Saturday work may be required.