Up to £24000 per annum
about 1 month ago
External Partner Advisor
Full Time - Perm.
A unique opportunity in the world of Motor Finance has been created for an experienced and talented Credit Controller with a wealth of experience in customer contact.
Our client is a provider of Motor Finance to customers with non-standard credit profiles that are looking to purchase cars, motorbikes as well as light commercial vehicles and leisure vehicles.
Sadly, there are situations where things go wrong, and customers are unable to continue their agreement, or miss payments and this is where this role steps in. This role is responsible for all non-litigation agreements within the Collections Department that are being serviced by an external partner.
The key functions of the role are to ensure that the communication and relationship between the customer, our client and the External Partners are within the expectations of all parties and that the external agreements are with the appropriate agency for optimum performance and customer engagement.
This role will cover the following areas within the Collections department:
- Early Arrears Agreement Handling
- Agent Visits
- Vehicle Repossession
- End of Agreement Liability aka "Shortfalls"
- Terminated Cases - including voluntary
In this role the successful candidate will:
- Instruct recovery agents in line with company practice
- Contact customers to progress the collection of full balance or agree an arrangement to clear outstanding balances within specified timescales and adhering to departmental policies and procedures.
- Contacting customers and third parties via a range of mediums including, but not limited to, outbound/inbound telephone calls, letters, email and SMS
- Completing comprehensive Income & Expenditure documentation with customers to assess their affordability and agree a resolution to their account
- Adapt communication style to achieve the best result when communicating with customers
- Upload accounts using both internal and external partner systems ensuring accuracy and the relevant detail is included.
- Review and assess accounts for "next step" actions ensuring that the process flow is adhered to and accounts are processed through the area in a timely manner.
- Liaise with all stakeholders, both internally and externally, to take forward account resolutions in a timely manner
- Ensure customers are aware of all applicable options and remaining liabilities based on the status of their agreement
- Support the other teams within Collections when required
You will need:
- Credit control experience including negotiating payment plans
- Experience communicating with third parties
- A calm and assertive personality
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail in all work
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to negotiate during challenging situations as well as working under pressure
- The ability to work independently and part of a team
- A positive, can do attitude and a strong desire to meet department, team and personal objectives.
You must be reliable, dependable, ambitious and committed to grow with the company and have excellent communication skills in all disciplines if you have experience and knowledge of vehicle Hire Purchase financial agreements it would be desirable but it is not essential.
The successful candidate will get the opportunity to make a real contribution to the business and in return will receive competitive benefits and salary.