Up to £30000 per annum
3 months ago
Financial Planning Analyst
- Up to £30,000 Basic
- Full Time, Permanent Role
- Benefits Include: Pension scheme, Life insurance, On-site gym and Stock purchase schemes.
Working alongside the Senior Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst and members of the FP &A team, the role is responsible for supporting the production and submission of our client's month end accounts, forecasts, budget and 5year business planning model to group head office.
The main objectives of the role are;
* To support the month-end financial reporting process to Group and our client's Executive team.
* To support the delivery of the annual budget and 5-year business plans to Group with updates to plan mid-year.
* To support the delivery of forecasts as request by Group
* To support the management team with analysis of departmental cost performance and headcount.
* Production of monthly financial KPIs and associated reports.
* To support the production of the monthly Finance Directors pack.
* Provide regular review and analysis on all capital expenditure and major projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Support the Senior Financial Planning & Reporting Analyst in the preparation of month end financial reporting with supporting analysis in an accurate and timely manner
* Prepare and maintain the monthly management accounts working file with an integrated profit and loss and balance sheet to enable the delivery of the monthly management accounts.
* Support the senior management team with analysis of cost performance, headcount and capital expenditure, and challenge the business where necessary.
* Hold cost review meetings with department managers, presenting performance compared to plan and understanding the root cause of variances and how these may affect the full year forecast and future planning assumptions.
* Support the Senior Financial Planning & Reporting Analyst in the preparation and analysis of accurate budget and 5-year business planning submissions with supporting analysis and commentary.
* End to end ownership of the budget, forecasts and business planning model.
* Review and evaluate all planning assumptions used within the current model and challenge assumptions where necessary.
* Support the delivery of a new financial management reporting tool for month end reporting, budgets and forecasts.
* Ad hoc analysis and investigation as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
* Previous experience working in a similar role.
* Experience of maintaining whole-business forecasting models, with integrated Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet.
* Previous experience in business partnering.
* Strong communication skills.
* Advanced Excel and experience across the MS Office Suite.
* Statistical/ Mathematical/Economics background highly regarded.
* Experience working with a consumer credit/lending portfolio or in the non-standard market highly regarded.
* Experience/ knowledge across the other risk disciplines highly regarded.
Level of education/attainments
* Part Qualified/ Qualified Accountant AAT, ACCA or CIMA
* Mathematical/ Statistical/ Finance/Economics or similar numerate degree highly regarded
* Excellent attention to detail and methodical approach to work.
* Ability to investigate data, identify key trends and problem solve.
* Willingness to take on responsibility and work under own initiative.
* Well organised.
* Willingness to work with and assist others in the team on ad-hoc projects and tasks.
* Demonstrated high energy and strong motivation to add value.
* Confident in presentation.
Please note that owing to the nature of this role our client will carry out both Financial Checks and Criminal Record Bureau Checks as part of the onboarding process.