Up to £30100 per annum
2 months ago
HGV/LCV Technician required in Caerphilly
Up to £13.50 per hour. Overtime at time and a half rate
Split shift of 6am-2.30pm week one and week two 2pm-10.30pm
Great career prospects with a leading dealer group and brand
Our Client, a Franchise Approved Commercial Vehicle Dealership in the Caerphilly area, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV)or LCV Technician / Automotive Mechanic for their busy Service Department!
Your key objectives will include:
* To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
* Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
* Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
* Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
* To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
* Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
You will need to live in the Caerphilly region or be within a reasonable commuting distance of Caerphilly. You will need to ideally be a fully qualified HGV/LCV Technician / Mechanic to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent or hold good time served experience within the role. You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active HGV driving license would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
* Starting hourly rate up to £13.50 per hour over an average 40 hour working week (£28,080 per annum).
* Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
* Open to putting candidates through and paying for HGV Licences, tacho certifications and MOT Licence
* 22 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
* Pension scheme
* Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training.
* Fantastic career prospects with an industry leading brand.
As a HGV Technician, you shall work a shift system where the hours worked are 6:00am-2:30pm in your first week and 2:00pm-10:30pm Monday to Friday the second week with alternate Saturdays 7:00am-1:00pm (Saturdays paid as overtime).