Up to £35000 per annum
10 days ago
Our client, a Franchise Approved Commercial Vehicle Dealership in the Tewkesbury area, is currently looking to hire a skilled HGV Technician / Mechanic for their busy Automotive Service Department!
HGV TECHNICIAN JOB SPECIFICATION:
Your key objectives will include:
* To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
* Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
* Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
* Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
* To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
* Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
In order to be eligible you will ideally be qualified to Level 3 standard in HGV Maintenance and Repair however this is non-essential provided you have a strong and stable time served track record as a HGV Technician / Mechanic or have worked in a similar position on large Light Commercial Vehicles, Coaches, and Buses. Either a Class 1 or Class 2 HGV driving license would be highly advantageous however is non-essential at this stage.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
* Starting salary fully negotiable pending experience and current earnings.
* 22.5 days annual holiday allowance for 2018 and 25 annual holiday allowance for 2019.
* Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
* Workplace pension scheme.
* Full manufacturer-approved training.
* Fantastic career development prospects with a growing local business.
You are required to work an alternate early/late shift system where in your first week you shall work Monday to Friday 6:00am-3:00pm and in the second week 3:00pm-12:00pm Monday to Friday. Both shifts provide half hour lunch breaks. You are also required to work alternate Saturdays 7:00am-12:30pm. All Saturday work and overtime on top of your working week is paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Automotive Careers, so if this HGV Technician Vacancy has interested you or you would like to know more about other Motor Trade Jobs, please get in touch with Josh Buck today.
We have a wide range of Motor Trade Jobs across the whole of the UK, so if you are looking for something slightly different, be sure to get in touch with our Team of Automotive Recruiters.